The Half Volley
- Decide early if you can play it as a low volley (easier option) or half volley.
- Bend your knees and stay low.
- Use a guiding almost pushing action with a soft hands grip for touch and feel. Do not swing at the ball.
- Keep the shot low over the net as you transition from midcourt to the net. Anything too high will be swallowed up by your opponents.
- Practice this shot and deliberately play them as half volleys. The good news is that even if you’re initially lacking control you’ll be approaching the net and pressuring your opponents and hopefully getting some put away volleys too.